Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have the 31st July as the date that they take back the Ioniq. Three years of my first EV, and I ain't going back to ICE.

I have only done 18,700 or so miles, partly because it's the second car, albeit it quickly turned into the weekend car when going out and about for shopping, family trips to parks, stately homes and nearby relatives, but also because it bounced off a lamp post and wrecked the front left corner (sideways wheel!) thank to black ice and it spent several months in dock.

My thoughts -

PROS

So damn comfortable to drive. Having come from a manual Seat Leon, the difference in traffic is fantastic.
Felt sprightly for an anonymous family saloon/taxi. Certainly surprised a few people at the traffic light grand prix.
Loads of room. Loads. Me, my wife and the two children had plenty of individual space.
The boot is surprisingly large given that it looks very shallow. Always been able to fit a weekly shop in and being a hatchback meant more bulky items weren't achore to get in.
Super efficient even though my daily commute is a horror show of roundabouts on a dual carriageway with all the attendant slowing down and speeding up.
Sound system is great.
Lots of gadgets
It’s actually quite a handsome car, and certainly a rarity given Hyundai's woeful supply issues

CONS

I was never quite satisfied with the range, which is silly given that I have never taken above 60 miles on a round trip, but it still nagged me that it lived its life in the lower quarter of the 100 - 200 bracket even in the optimal conditions
Adaptive cruise control was largely great but occasionally went mad and slammed on the brakes when on a bend with a car on the inside lane
Sat nav was...interesting in its choice of routes. Also, having programmed in the destination you then have to press "Set Destination" and then "Start". Seems rather redundant.
The intermittent cut out of the sound system, when it just when silent as the grave

Over all, it's been a great buy and someone will be getting a nice second hand car to enjoy very soon.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Size, for one thing. The Ioniq was my first foray into EVs based on previous knowledge of Hyundai being solid, not having a battery lease and not being a Leaf. The issue is that I drive the second car, and the Ioniq is too big for that role. The ZOE fits better.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took it away today. Butcher's bill of £115 for a scraped alloy (no arguments) and a stone chipped windscreen (half an inch above the wipers, but not going to moan).

We're a one car family until Monday!

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No idea. It's in the clutches of BCA now. Someone will be getting a very nice car with under 19,000 miles on the clock.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Thanks for that. Probably a bit too big for me and just outside my self-imposed budget of ~£15K, but it would be my only car. As for sat nav and cruise control.. never had that in a car I possessed! I wonder what it'll make...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts