Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here.

Considering driving our new Zoe from Derbyshire to a wedding in Lincolnshire via Newark which will just be about maximum distance for a full charge. Just to be safe would like to charge up at Newark Asda. Can anyone say exactly where the charging point is at this Asda? We have a Polar card as part of our Polar Home Charging Point installation. Do we need to put some credit on the Polar Card to use the charging point? We got 6 months free membership and have already signed up for a £20 per year direct debit.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Can't help you with the actual location of the chargers in Newark but I don't believe there is a charge at any of the Asda supermarket chargers, at least none of the ones that have them here in the south west charge for them.

·
Ecohound
1,305 Posts
ICE'ING is normally the only problem with Asda as they tend to put the chargers by the store entrance. You can always ask at the customer service counter to put a call out but don't get stressed people normally respond well to a smile.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
The EVSE at Newark Asda are never iced, and they don't expect you to buy a pay and display ticket either IF you are charging. Take the down ramp off Lombard Street to enter the underground car park. Drive straight for approximately 100 feet and you'll see them 50 feet on your left.
Awesome I'll do all my shopping in Newark now and do my bit for the planet :p

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
@Bernard Strutt it's perfectly fine to post pictures on here of penny-pinching parking-fee-avoiding Tesla's squatting on Asda 7kW charging posts :p:D

·
Ecohound
1,305 Posts
I wish I saw that at my Asda only ever seen one other Leaf and a nice family asking what he needs to charge his Outlander. So it's not much of a surprise that they are ICE'd.:(

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The EVSE at Newark Asda are never iced, and they don't expect you to buy a pay and display ticket either IF you are charging. Take the down ramp off Lombard Street to enter the underground car park. Drive straight for approximately 100 feet and you'll see them 50 feet on your left.
Thanks to Tim and the others who responded. Can anyone help as to whether I have to put any credit on the Polar Card to use the Asda Charger? I got 6 months free membership as part of the installation of our home charger and have the Polar Card.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts