Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
MG ZS EV Exclusive
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Asda have two charging points. The right hand post stopped working OVER 3MONTHS AGO. This was reported to Polar (now BP Pulse). In late November I saw the engineer on site and he said both posts would be replaced as they were now too old. This has not happened.
Now the left hand post is not working, and according to Zap Map this was reported over a week ago.
If this is the standard of customer care from BP Pulse then I will have to reconsider my subscription. Surely, with the move to EV's, having all posts at a location broken it hardly encourages people to change to EV's.

Reactions: Carty and Neilew

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Leaf 40kWh Tekna - love it
1,224 Posts
I never use Polar, but it seems that there is little incentive to repair chargers. They just don't make enough money.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Kona Ultimate 64kWh
1,794 Posts
OVER 3MONTHS AGO
My local ASDA has a Polar AC Post which broke over 2 years ago now. Still not repaired. The last time I contacted them about it they simply had it pulled from both their app and also from Zap Map, rather than bothering to fix or replace.

Thankfully they've now ditched Polar/Chargemaster anyways, and are installing their own rapid chargers in partnership with Electric Blue. The ones I have seen are Tritium chargers, exactly the same as what Instavolt use, and just like them they also take direct credit card payments so no need to mess around with subscriptions or apps. Simple 30p/kWh and that's it.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Electric blue on Zap map just has to be a joke. So few rapids, non according to Zap map on contactless, one taxi only,another for permit holders and then the usual not working. These also rans need to give up.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Polar often for desti chargers relies on subsidies from the site they are hosted at and then tries to offload repairs onto them when they are getting the electric for free from the sites already. its poor show and they should simply be removing the units and blanking the floor plates off if they are continuing to give up on the 3/7kw sites.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Kona Ultimate 64kWh
1,794 Posts
Electric blue on Zap map just has to be a joke. So few rapids, non according to Zap map on contactless, one taxi only,another for permit holders and then the usual not working. These also rans need to give up.
They've actually become my favourite charging network. I've found their chargers to be super reliable. They've also taken over from CYC in my area and have transformed the situation with regular maintenance and typically installing multiple chargers per location. All their new ones are contactless enabled and it seems like they have plans to add support to the ones they took over (or simply replace them)

They aren't a huge nationwide network so don't cover everyone, but as a regular user I find them great.

(The ASDA ones don't seem to show up as networked to Electric Blue on Zap Map. In fact some of them don't seem to be listed on there at all!)

·
Registered
903 Posts
They've actually become my favourite charging network. I've found their chargers to be super reliable. They've also taken over from CYC in my area and have transformed the situation with regular maintenance and typically installing multiple chargers per location. All their new ones are contactless enabled and it seems like they have plans to add support to the ones they took over (or simply replace them)

They aren't a huge nationwide network so don't cover everyone, but as a regular user I find them great.

(The ASDA ones don't seem to show up as networked to Electric Blue on Zap Map. In fact some of them don't seem to be listed on there at all!)
Sounds like you work for them!

On Zap map search on Electric Blue and contactless - result zero

Electric Blue and Rapid CCS 10 in total with 6 in Newcastle area. Only 2 working.

They are having a laugh -get rid.

If they are not on the map then contact Zap map to put them on.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Leaf 40kWh Tekna - love it
1,224 Posts
And after a quick look, of those that are on ZapMap, many don't have Chademo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts