Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if asda stores have a way of letting you use the charging points at there stores.

·
Driving yet another EV!
2,884 Posts
Not any more. They used to, but the cards were disabled at the start of this month. If you are desperate download the iPhone app from PolarInstant, pay the £20 minimum fee, then activate. No iPhone, no charge unless you can wait for an RFID card to be delivered

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not got my car just yet will be in next few weeks

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Does anyone know if asda stores have a way of letting you use the charging points at there stores.
I'm aware my nearest Asda (10 miles) has a chargemaster post but I haven't looked into using it as the NI Regional charging network run by Ecar.NI doesn't charge for their RFID access cards or for charging at this time..Looking online,the next available Chargemaster outlet appears to be up around Belfast,near 90 miles away..For now,I'll pass..
But I will inquire the next time I'm in there!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I would be happy to renew if something was done about the spaces being blocked by ICEs.
That's a tricky point .official Traffic Wardens here will be patrolling public car parks where the E.carNI charge stations are located,primarily looking for ANY car not having a valid ticket in a spot..however,an ICE in a public charging bay is also fair game for them..Unfortunately,Asda and any of the other "private" car parks would not be on their radar..Asda put up a 3 hour parking limit sign not long ago..I have no idea what powers they might have to enforce this,when I don't see staff patrolling the car parks except for the trolley wranglers..

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,604 Posts
Even if the staff patrolling the car park for wayward trolleys would put s polite notice on the windscreen of any car parked and not plugged in in the EV bays would help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts