Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,134 Posts
'meh'
Terrible hosting, loads of background noise, didn't mute out other participants when not speaking. Really dodgy sound quality. Very hard to listen to. Quality improves a little in the latter part, or my ear tuned in better. No real info. As Grant said - charging 'we don't know', probably not free for ecotricity customers, costs £300k per year to run, mostly back office & admin costs. DBT's have a design flaw that will be fixed (we know). Nothing else of EV interest, but suggestion Grant may get an invite back for more EV focus.

· Registered
1,134 Posts
I think per kwh would be the fairer charge but I think they will base it per charge to a certain level, it would be nice if they made it at least 90% but that might be a stretch for the leaf as it ramps the charge rate down when topping off.
Nah, it's the overheads that are killing them and those costs are reasonably fixed. I'm totally ignorant to their subscriber numbers, but if you had 5,000 subscribers paying £60 per year for access - that's your £300k. Grow the base, make some money.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.