Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Actually quite easy to control - put a 60amp (sic) fuse in the battery circuit - if you exceed the limit you freewheel to the pits :)

Oops, sorry Simon - I see you already suggested that

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hmm. What about voltage? I was imagining about some sort of voltage/ current monitoring system, but I would worry about sophisticated work arounds - as racing is full of clever ways around monitoring packages. It would be great if there was an instant penalty such as a drive through so there wasn't any post race result disputation.

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
F1 cars already spend most of the race managing brake temperatures, tyre wear, fuel usage. Guess it will be similar for these guys.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Formula E seem to manage, but of course they use racing only battery packs. Do Teslas' have battery cooling as standard which could then be upgraded?

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
The Formula-E cars have surprisingly small packs. But apparently it's the motor which is the limiting factor, so while Tesla do have battery thermal management I suspect the above GTs will have extra cooling around the motor

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks like a fantastic series. I hear their debut event in the UK will be Donnington. I'll be there for sure.
Given the thermal issues it will lead to some really interesting in race tactics. I'm sure Renault, Jaguar and Mercedes will be watching this closely too...

21 - 29 of 29 Posts