Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Did you know about this ? which model year ?

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to share with you something I discovered.
I consider this a bug by race condition that allows to have the B-Mode like Toyota Hybrids and the Golf GTE for example. The Audi A3-etron lacks this functionality and i find it a little bit annoying. My dealership and the owner manual doesn't specify it.

I invite you to watch this little video.
It will allow you to be in Sport mode while being in full EV, and have the automatic regen braking when lifting the foot from the acceleration pedal.

I am interested to see if it is working on the latest models and / or cars delivered in toher countries than Switzerland.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a go in my Dec 2015 registered A3 e-tron and it worked just as expected. I was already in EV mode and just had to press the EV button on the dash before I did the gear stick manoeuvre. Without bringing up the EV mode menu in just went into hybrid hold as normal.

A useful wee trick to know!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wauwwww!
I always wanted the B-mode in mij FL 2017 A3 E-Tron. The lack of this mode was really a loss, compared to the GTE.
I hope this will work. I'm going to try this tomorrow.

@etronfan , does it work while you are driving (not vissible in your instruction video).
Does it actually charge while driving/regenerating?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello again,

Sorry, i didn't drive while filming to "prove it".
Yes, it works perfectly. I m only driving on S EV since discovered.
I even used while driving over a mountain, worked great for the regen when the downhill came.

There was like a 12 KM downhill. I recharged 20 KM in a few minutes. Was impressive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Btw,
Part 2 of this video in order to avoid a little annoying thing while using this bug.

SO far no news from audi. No one seems to know about this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@Tuttivini
When i explained that to an Audi reseller, he told me that there was a possibility that it might not work on the 2017 model.

you are the second person that tested so far and say it's not working on the 2017.

can make other videos if you would like,

·
Registered
58 Posts
It does not work on my 2017 UK Model.
Also noticed the EV Menu is different on @etronfan car.
Showing Four Options, while on my UK model only have 3 EV/Hydrid/Hold.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello,
Other users have noticed it is not working on the 2017/2018 model.
It is working on the 2015/2016 model.

The fourth option has been deleted worldwide for the 2017/2018 model.
It is consuming way too much fuel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts