Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have purchased an a3 etron 2015 for my wife, what a great car.

The only thing I'm struggling with is the connect services. I have purchased a data sim but the car still says service not available please insert sim. The sim works in other cars.

I would really like to use Google maps and preheat the car in the mornings.

Can someone with a 2015 etron tell me if all these things work off the removable sim or whether there is another one embedded in the car which does some of these services.

Thanks Simon

·
Registered
24 Posts

The only thing I'm struggling with is the connect services. I have purchased a data sim but the car still says service not available please insert sim. The sim works in other cars.

Can someone with a 2015 etron tell me if all these things work off the removable sim or whether there is another one embedded in the car which does some of these services.

Thanks Simon

Thanks Simon
Hi,

make sure the sim you have is the correct one. I use a three pre paid sim in my a3.
Pop it in and in the bottom right hand of the screen you should see bars showing the reception of the sim and also that of any connect mobile phones.
As long as u have this u will have internet. For google earth u will need a license. Also an easy process just takes a couple weeks.
Pre heat is the best along with the status check function

let me know if u have any issues

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you bought it from a Dealer see if they can reactivate the Services.
I had a spare SIM which I put in my 2016 and worked fine. Reading here that some have it extended, I called my dealer.

Sorry, forgot to mention, I am in UK.

·
Registered
180 Posts
There has been known issues with SIM reader in 2015 models of A3 E-tron . I have posted on another thread about my issues ( Licensing of E-Tron and Audi-Connect Functions )

There is a Technical Services Bulletin issued by Audi USA covering fault . I warn you , it is not a cheap fix . I managed to get Audi to cover 60% of cost but that still was nearly £500 !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts