Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
It would definitely be under home insurance, question is contents or buildings, how do you insure solar panels from damage? I would declare it as an individual item on contents . Battery storage that is, as it can be removed when you move, charger I wouldn’t even think it merits a mention.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Why can't people just wait and see what the actual range is when it's been tested by independent sources.
Audi has been known to under estimate the figures they provide.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm surprised people are expecting more range from a relatively heavy box shaped SUV. My Model X (75D) can barely manage a real world 200 mile range and I believe the X 100D is around 250 miles on a good day. Model S obviously has more range because of the lower weight and lower frontal area. Say 300 miles for a Model S 100D and around 240 miles for a 75D. The Audi is likely to sit somewhere in-between the Tesla S and X figures and has less performance than either Tesla. I definitely don't see any new boundaries being pushed here in the EV world. Might even look pretty dated if Tesla refresh their X in the next 3 years and apply their latest battery tech from the Model 3.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
I'm surprised people are expecting more range from a relatively heavy box shaped SUV. My Model X (75D) can barely manage a real world 200 mile range and I believe the X 100D is around 250 miles on a good day. Model S obviously has more range because of the lower weight and lower frontal area. Say 300 miles for a Model S 100D and around 240 miles for a 75D. The Audi is likely to sit somewhere in-between the Tesla S and X figures and has less performance than either Tesla. I definitely don't see any new boundaries being pushed here in the EV world. Might even look pretty dated if Tesla refresh their X in the next 3 years and apply their latest battery tech from the Model 3.
But if you read the press releases they have invented regenerative braking, so that makes all the difference, god knows what it would be if they hadn't managed that feat of technical wizardry.

·
Registered
11,010 Posts
Reminds me of that other company that made lots of claims about energy scavenging for their forthcoming EV.

Only for it to not even get near the range of its closest rival.

We’ll just have to wait until Bjorn gets hold of one...

21 - 25 of 25 Posts