Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but at 75mph efficiency in any EV takes a large hit. The Kia e-Niro does 200 miles at the same speed by the same guy. So hardly a massive difference considering the size of the E-Tron in comparison. You would also need to consider the E-Tron charges at 150kW compared to 50-80kW in the e-Niro. So the efficiency in the E-Tron is more than made up for by the significantly reduced charge times.

I know they are not comparable in price, build quality or luxury but your reply seems to imply that getting 30 more miles of range makes the e-Niro a better car than an E-Tron.

The truth is range isn't everything for everyone and many people place other criteria and requirements way above range on their must have list. The more EV choices people have the better the adoption rate will be and that's why variety of choice is important.

·
Premium Member
3,597 Posts
Edit: (@dk6780 took his bat and ball home, so my post makes little sense now. 🙄)

Hopefully we can all accept that as this isn’t communist East Germany circa 1983, we can choose the cars we want to. EV’ers do like letting the perfect be the enemy of the good. It’s an EV for gawds sake, when did we get so picky? Would we rather it was a petrol/diesel?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Indeed, the more options we have to entice potential EV owners the better. Want a luxury SUV EV that is practical and well built but range is not an issue, get an E-Tron 50. If you want that same level of luxury and more range then go for the 55. If efficiency and a more affordable price are your focus, then an e-Niro is a very credible EV.

I got an E-Tron 50 Technik lease deal for the same price an e-Niro or Kona would have cost me. Here in N. Ireland Tesla is not even a viable option as there are currently no Tesla dealerships. Not a good scenario considering the quality issues Tesla has. Though range was not a major issue for me, as t I can count on one hand the number of times I have driven more than 200 miles in the past 5 years. Even then a 30 - 40 minute break every few hours was pretty much mandatory with a (now 7 year old) child in the back. If that scenario arises there are plenty of charging options, or I can just use the ICE which does ~450 miles for £50.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts