Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess you e-Tron owners will have made the comparison to the Q5 & the Q7, if for no other reason than you were sitting in the dealership at the time. 馃槃

I've looked at the dimensions of all 3 cars and the e-Tron is nearer Q7 on paper, but what are your opinions in terms of size/practicality/comfort/gadgets comparison and maybe even gut feel to the Q5 & Q7?

Cheers

EV Convert
iPace HSE / 2019 and eTron 55 / 2020
We've got an eTron 55. Size wise I think it's more like the Q5, the Q7 is a bloated fat thing, a triumph of style of space. Q5 is more practical unless you need 7 seats. In size, the eTron feels much more like the Q5 than it does the Q7. Better quality materials than Q5 although that's a subjective impression not a statement of fact....

Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
Generally agree with what GrahamS said above. The boot space is large enough, but not as big as you might expect. The seating space is very roomy though. It's certainly bigger than the Q5. Think of it as a slight downscaled Q8.

EV Convert
iPace HSE / 2019 and eTron 55 / 2020
Generally agree with what GrahamS said above. The boot space is large enough, but not as big as you might expect. The seating space is very roomy though. It's certainly bigger than the Q5. Think of it as a slight downscaled Q8.
Probably about right. Q8 quality about the same too.

Registered
I have actually found the Etron boot space to be quite a bit larger than I had expected. My previous car was an A6 Avant (estate) and I was convinced that the Etron boot would be small in comparison. I鈥檝e now taken the Etron on two family holidays and it has swallowed the luggage in an easier fashion than the A6 estate. However I do regularly make use of the very large hidden cavities:

1. Under floor of the boot (I have no spare wheel)
2. Under the floor immediately in front of the rear number (this is large enough to hold a full size suitcase of hand luggage size)
3. Cavity behind each rear light custer (big enough to each take a small rucksack or a couple of pairs of waking boots).

On a couple of occasions I鈥檝e carried two good sized children鈥檚 bikes in the boot with wheels in place. I鈥檝e done this by completely removing the boot floor and positioning the wheels of the bikes in the large cavity immediately on front of the bumper.

The Etron boot size was one of the main reasons I leased the Etron rather than an iPace. The iPace boot looked tiny in comparison.

I do accept that the Etron boot is small in comparison to a Q7

1 - 7 of 7 Posts