Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well I've ordered one, probably for September delivery... We have a "salary sacrifice" scheme at work that means I can save tax and NI on the lease, then pay BIK on the value - but the BIK % on a full EV drops to 2% next April (so about sixty quid a month) on an etron.

Was looking at iPace originally but having had a look at one I'd prefer something a bit bigger to get my bike in (I'm coming from an XC90 which is bloody vast). The longest drive I ever do is maybe 210 miles (maybe a bit marginal for the etron at motorway speed when it's cold) but I invariably stop for at least half an hour to do calls etc, so the absolute range isn't really a concern as I could get 80-100 miles extra in at the services - but I'm attracted by Audi interior build quality and the extra space (and I love a status symbol, obvs! Though having said that I tend to pootle around in my daughters' minty green Vauxhall Viva, which isn't that much of a status symbol tbh).

Hopefully test driving one in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Great idea to start the thread, I’ve noticed that it’s been very quiet in the Audi section compared to all of us excited people on the Tesla threads. Andy, look forward to hearing how the test drive is.
Ive previously bought new Audi’s on three occaisons, one as a company vehicle and two for fun, so Ive long been waiting for an EV by Audi but sadly I feel pretty disappointed by some of their design choices. It seems that they only want to appeal to potential Q5/7 (Q5 on size, Q7 on price) drivers from an aesthetic stand point. The long flat bonnet, traditional grill and grate, etc.
Mostly Im just miffed by the lack of traditional OEMs getting involved in charging infastructure. When Apple released iOS, they actively encouraged and still oversee the App store and run the dev program, to ensure product owners get the best experience. For me that analogy works very well. You buy an expensive product but to get the best experience requires third parties to develop the potential into real world use, but you still want some oversight by the manufacturer you originally paid.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm hoping the "one card, any charger" scheme that Audi have announced in Europe will be in the UK soon - I don't think I'll need to charge en route very often as my normal weekly commute is from Yorkshire to the midlands (about 160 miles, so even with real world consumption it'll be fine), but it'd be good to know you don't need a plethora of cards only to find the only charger is one you've not got.

I'm pretty relaxed about the design - have always liked Audi (have had an A4 and an A6) for their interiors, and as our work scheme lets me get a pretty pricy car for not eye watering money over two years with no deposit I'm happy to give it a go. I'm pretty sure there'll be something new and more exciting around in 18 months so a short lease works well - it's why I did the Volvo over two year.

I've ordered the Launch edition, as there's a bunch of stuff I do want that comes as standard, though as usual with these things there's stuff I'm not bothered about too - notably the weird camera mirrors that seem a bit of a "because we can" replacement for something that ain't broke. However I may find I love them!

Looking forward to finding out anyway.

By the way, when this scheme at work was launched I was all "I'm getting a Tesla!!" but even with tax/NI saving the lease costs are bloody eye-watering! And interestingly the Etron is cheaper monthly than the £10k cheaper I-Pace.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It’s about £1200 a month over 2 years, no deposit - but of course I only pay a touch over half that with tax/NI taken off. From next April the BIK charge is only about £60 a month.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Interior. Shot of back seats is with the drivers seat pushed all the way back.

Hope this helps!

W

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Also the car is there today (Monday 18th Feb 2019) but is moving this evening. May be worth calling them to find out where it’s going next.

·
Registered
322 Posts
It looks more "normal" than I expected, but if the Golf is anything to go by it could be an excellent drive.
Like the interior, especially the multiple screens.
Does it say "55" on the badging?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Brilliant thanks. Which model is this? The standard or the Launch edition?

Mine’s ordered btw - they’re stating June delivery which works well for me.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts