Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hi guys, in case you haven't seen it the e-tron is on the UK configurator now:

The Audi e-tron > e-tron > Audi configurator UK

My configuration briskly went over £80k :LOL: won't be on my drive any time soon! haha

A few interesting things (to me!) if you want the "tour pack" (i.e. adaptive cruise etc) you can't have the heated steering wheel! Also the radar on the tour pack seems to be a single central unit rather than the "stereo" radar available on all A4 and up models. However, the central radar does look a bit different, it's hard to tell, perhaps it is fancier than the one that is fitted to all sub-A4 sized VAG products.

It does look cool. Have to say the rated 6.6s 0-60 seems a bit... meh, but obviously is plenty fast enough. For the money it seems somewhat lacking though.

My (fanciful!) config:

·
Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
375 Posts
Sat in it at Oldham Audi today. Very spacious, on par with the Q7 for the five passengers - obviously there's no third row though. The boot was *just* big enough to pass the Longsword Test. Ironically, the smaller I-Pace fitted the sword more easily

I like the new Audi interior design. I overall it's a compelling package. If the PCP or PCH rates look good I might end up in one next year.

·
Registered
696 Posts
You can get a very nice Jaguar I-Pace SE for £70k. I know what I’d prefer.
I can't afford either but I prefer the iPace too.

I only did this out of curiosity. Something really appeals about the thought of ordering an expensive car with no options. Especially on something where it would generally be expected to spend 1000s. Awkward? Me? Sometimes.

·
Well-Loved Member
964 Posts
You can get a very nice Jaguar I-Pace SE for £70k. I know what I’d prefer.
The sticker price is of little relevance to most buyers in this bracket though. The two vehicles do seem to be on par in finance terms, and the Audi brand is the more compelling option for someone wishing to project status at school pickup time. My experience with XJs over the years has make me a little weary of Jaguar but would take a Jaguar dealer over a VAG one any day of the week.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
The sticker price is of little relevance to most buyers in this bracket though. The two vehicles do seem to be on par in finance terms, and the Audi brand is the more compelling option for someone wishing to project status at school pickup time. My experience with XJs over the years has made me a little weary of Jaguar but would take a Jaguar dealer over a VAG one any day of the week.
I've had terrible experiences with a Jaguar dealer, and pretty good ones at VW and Audi. I still prefer the I-Pace, mainly because I don't see the point of massive SUVs.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Disgusting price...
Why is it the E-tron a disgusting price?

e-Niro 8K p.a. 24 months: £15,224.03 (41% of list price)
E-tron 8K p.a. 24 months: £16,366.48 (23% of list price)

From the numbers above, it is £44/month more for a car double the price. It may be more than I want to pay, but I think that most people would think that this is a good price. the E-tron at 10K p.a. over 2 years is about 25% of list which is typically a very good price.

If the e-Niro had the same ratio's then it would be £8,300 over two years at 8K p.a. which is about £350/month.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts