Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

On Thule's website it says the Q4 e-tron requires the 127cm bars, the Flush Rail Evo foot pack, and the 186009 fitting kit.

But I noticed that the 186009 fitting kit also fits the Passat B8 Estate (2015-) which is the car I currently have (GTE). So I tried my existing Thule 753 foot pack with Thule 4059 fixing kit, and sure enough, it was a perfect fit for the Q4 e-tron!

So I just wanted to let everybody know that if you already have the 753 foot pack (which a lot of people will as it was a staple of the Thule range for many years until the new Evo range came out), then you don't need to splash out on the new Evo foot pack - you can just get a 4059 fitting kit and you're good!

I tried this with my existing 120cm square bars (which I've had for 15 years!) and the length was fine on the back, but I forgot to check the front which is probably a bit wider. So if anyone knows whether they would fit the front of the Q4 e-tron please let me know as it might save me having to replace my trusty 15 year old bars!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts