Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all.

I placed an order with our company car lease provider for an Audi Q4 e-tron 40 Sport with comfort+sound pack, function pack and towbar. The lease company (ALD) have emailed me today saying Audi can't put a tow bar on the order. I've tried the configurator again this evening and that is still letting me add the tow bar.

Has anyone else tried ordering a Q4 e-tron with a tow bar or heard anything about this?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A little update on this. I spoke to Audi UK customer services and they said that the tow bar is available on the Q4 e-tron 40 model. They said the dealer may be mistaken because a bulletin recently went out to dealers titled "Tow bar removed from ordering for Q4 e-tron", but that in the full text it says they've stopped the tow bar on the 35 model only - it hasn't been removed from the 40. A quick look at the configurator confirms this - you can't spec a tow bar on a 35 model but you can on a 40.

So I've emailed the lease company with this information, and asked them to try again to place the order. Fingers crossed it will be able to go ahead now.

Interestingly you can spec towbar 'preparation' on a Q4 e-tron 35, and you can spec the full folding towbar on an Enyaq iV 60 and ID.4 small battery version (both essentially the same car as the Q4 35), so I don't know why you can't have it on a 35 e-tron!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts