1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
7,508 Posts
Very cool! The R8 has always been a guilty boyish pleasure, but if there's an EV version in no longer needs to be guilty! Just boyish :D

·
Driving yet another EV!
2,578 Posts
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/audi/r8/88831/audi-r8-e-tron-confirmed-with-250-mile-range said:
The first R8 e-tron concept appeared in 2009, and was originally slated for a 2013 launch, but the project was canned by Hackenberg’s predecessor Wolfgang Durheimer. Hackenberg revived the project and set a target of 400km (250 miles) before it could be sold to the public. Clearly, that target has now been reached.
Alternatively they realised that whatever range they can get they now need to start selling it. It is poor logic to claim "the target was 250 miles before selling, they are now selling so the range must be 250 miles"

·
Super Moderator
7,508 Posts
I also wonder if that's 250 miles NEDC or real world? And presumably it's a 400KM target, not 250M.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Maybe they've put 2 eGolf batteries in it - should just about crack "250" miles.

I wonder... dual motors or will they keep the mechanical Quattro AWD system?

As this is a sports car, it'll need a pretty decent BMS that can cope with track levels of abuse without killing the battery.

I wonder what the extra weight of all that will do to the handling.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts