1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
49 Posts
“The Ampera isn’t fun to drive in the traditional sense, but there’s plenty of enjoyment to be had in maximising the car’s range in battery mode.”
Owen Mildenhall, Senior road tester

I discovered Sports mode today and I think the Ampera is just as much fun to drive around my local country lanes as ever my BMW 330d was. In fact more fun really because in the BMW you can't play the 'see how far you can get on a full battery charge when I drive sensibly' game like you can in the Ampera. Also, passengers have hours of fun playing with the features not least of which is a great sound system and recordable hard drive! :) :)

·
Militant EV driver!
4,934 Posts
Methinks Mr Mildenhall has been driving too many Ferraris.

I swapped from a chipped Audi S3 and I think this car is just as much fun being pushed hard down a B road. I just got back from the Brecon Beacons and had a great time on the way back through the park.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I can also add that after driving expensive Range Rovers for the last 10 years the Ampera feels more refined and is great fun to drive, also the depreciation on my RR over 2 years would have paid for an Ampera outright. Everyone who has been in my car has been seriously impressed with it.......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts