Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since that last-but-one update, our headlights refuse to return automatically to full-beam. Several people have mentioned this on FB but I can't find a reference here. Has anyone else got this problem and has it been fixed for them? Someone on FB said he had fixed it by flicking the lever back and forth several times.

·
schlussel
458 Posts
Perhaps unhelpful, but I checked mine post Mario update, and they still work as meant.

·
Registered
12 Posts
At the risk of 'teaching grandma to suck eggs', in respect of the auto head lamp issue are you sure that you have the stalk pushed away from you? If it is closest to the wheel, it will always stay on dipped beams, but if pushed away it will switch to high beam when it is able. I know this has caught my partner out before now.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for both responses. Yes, the lever is pushed away. I have reported the problem and await a response (though servicehelpeu have just passed it to 'the SC').

·
Registered
751 Posts
I tried auto whatsit once. It was so sensitive to any light in front of the car that it would hardly ever go onto main beam. The simple solution is to turn it off.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes i have the same problem with my car. Sometimes they work fine and other times absolutely nothing. I have to hold the flash towards me so i can see.
You don't have to hold the lever towards you - just switch off Auto headlamps (NOT Auto high beam) and push the lever away when you want high beam, exactly as you have to on most cars. However, I have found that, since 2.20.45, auto-high-beam works fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts