Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 17 months and 13k miles running my SE, I have just discovered the car has auto-handbrake, after all.

It only works on very steep inclines - I was reversing into a parallel parking space uphill and as I put the lever in P the handbrake engaged automatically. I thought I must have manually engaged it without realising: it was only when I got back in the car, selected D that it automatically disengaged that I realised it was a feature.

I know I should read the manual (still haven’t), but I thought this might have popped up somewhere on the forum, but I don’t recall it.

·
˙ǝןƃƃnɹʇs ןןıɥuʍop ɐ sı ǝɟı˥
162 Posts
It only works on very steep inclines...
That will be 'hill start assist', not an auto handbrake. My i3 has it but not an auto handbrake. I have to use the small rocker switch to set the handbrake - sometimes it takes the handbrake off automatically when pulling away but only within a few minutes of setting it.

·
The key to life is in the question...
67 Posts
That will be 'hill start assist', not an auto handbrake. My i3 has it but not an auto handbrake. I have to use the small rocker switch to set the handbrake - sometimes it takes the handbrake off automatically when pulling away but only within a few minutes of setting it.
I agree... this is the Hill Hold Assist (or whatever Mini call it).... Most modern autos have it (and VW have an "anti-creep" button which is brilliant).... Parkbrake will only apply when you physically actuate the EPB switch, you felt the HHA - if you had waited a few seconds it would have dumped the brake line pressure and you would have moved !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts