Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Auto headlights don't seem to activate quick enough when full beam is on. There seems to be a long delay when cars are approaching. Several times I used lights on manual, then not switched lights off when parking, but lights stay on.
Is there a warning sound, or is it one of the several bongs and barps that I regularly get, that I take no notice of.
I think drivers need to be aware, I left my MG EV lights on accidently for several hours on a few occasions.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
If you have the comfort2 upgrade then you can disable auto headlights; I did that.

·
Registered
208 Posts
The auto full beam is absolute garbage, I turned it off on my car immediately (it’s had the comfort 2 update)

The auto headlights themselves are fine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i find auto fullbeam works perfectly after confort 2 update. Sometime doesnt turn off when dropping below 27mph but a quick flick of the stalk sorts it.
I admit it was pretty much useless before the update.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Automatic this and automatic that, they are all well and good, but they still don’t react as fast as us mere mortals !.
Progress is brilliant, but only when it works correctly.
Blinding oncoming drivers at night is a condition that I though had mainly ended in the sixty’s !.
But now because it is a automatic function of the car, it has made its return once again.
There’s progress for ya !.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Blinding oncoming drivers at night is a condition that I though had mainly ended in the sixty’s !.
But now because it is a automatic function of the car, it has made its return once again.
I disagree with that, there are many cars around me that drive around with fog lights and main beam on all of the time, and as far as I'm aware, a lot of them don't have automatic main beams - they just have idiots behind the wheel.

My favourite was when I flashed somebody coming towards me who had their main beam on driving through the middle of a well lit town. They responded by "unflashing" me - they flicked their main beam off then back on again a few times. Only saving grace was that they hadn't spotted the police car behind me, which decided to u-turn and pull the prat over. I'm assuming they only got a talking to, but it still made me smile.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
I disagree with that, there are many cars around me that drive around with fog lights and main beam on all of the time, and as far as I'm aware, a lot of them don't have automatic main beams - they just have idiots behind the wheel.
There has not been technology been invented yet that can account / deal with the idiots on the road unfortunately.
Mind you, the same people we are referring too here will just disable the feature even if they have it !.
I was of the opinion that driving with fog light on when the conditions don't warrant their use, is against the law ?.
Same type of these drivers think they are above the law anyway, so you pretty much screwed all round.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts