Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Does anybody know if the double horn sound that the Zoe does when it's locked can be removed?
I generally lock it by walking away from it so I'm not sure whether the horn also goes off when pressing the lock button on the key.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
If you press the keyfob button or press the Black button on the door handle there is no beep.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the clarification Mo1. Hopefully my wish will become an option in the future via a system update *daydreaming*

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
But would you trust them to do it :cautious:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The sound I'm referring to seems to be the car's horn, so disabling it doesn't sound :) like a good idea.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can hear it locking when you walk 3m away from it, just like when you press the button on the remote plus the added horn sound plus the lights. I can't see why not?

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,388 Posts
The fuse for the "whoop whoop" sound AND the pedestrian horn (so not the traffic horn) is called F16. It is a 10 amp fuse in the fusebox in the cabin, fourth column, third row from below.

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,388 Posts
Passionately agree. I hate audio-polluting the neighbourhood, both with the silly ICE imitation (can we make things quieter please??) as well as with the anti-social middle-of-the-night whoop-whoop's. Therefor the fuse-pull

·
ZOE Q210 Oct'13
570 Posts
It does state in the manual the beep can be removed by an authorised dealer.
I asked the dealer to this over 2 years ago. They had my car for a day, then said it couldn't be done on a UK model. CS said it was something to do with insurance on a car with keyless locking.

·
Registered
63 Posts
On Alfas this is a common hack, you put the alarm on Dutch settings. Perhaps this is something the CanZe guys Dan help with?
I'd still like it to auto lock as I walk away, without the annoying beep, but I don't want to lose the ped warning horn.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The ideal solution would be for Renault to allow this option to be set up within the car console but I think that's like asking to win the lottery without buying a ticket.

·
Sickspeed
1 Posts
unfortunately, for us LX owners, and i think all models as well, this sound is the only sound you can get without changing out the horn. its either off or that sound. and i only leave it on, so when i m around a corner i can hear it lock. otherwise, i only hit the lock once when im close and here the locks lock.

i think someone did a DIY for a horn change, if you're interested. http://bit.ly/2obFLAv

·
Registered
31 Posts
The fuse for the "whoop whoop" sound AND the pedestrian horn (so not the traffic horn) is called F16. It is a 10 amp fuse in the fusebox in the cabin, fourth column, third row from below.
Took the fuse off and now it seems the unlock button on door handle stopped working too. Haven't tried whether it is really behind the same fuse. Though it's much less inconvenient to unlock doors from remote than it would be to turn off the pedestrian lure sound every time the car is started..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts