Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
'18 Zoe ZE 40 R110 + '21 VW ID.4 1st
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a way to have the car lock itself when you walk away with the keys in your pocket? My Zoe does this and now I'm quite used to it, but I haven't found a setting for it in the menus...

·
Registered
128 Posts
I guess it's not available on the ID.4 1st Edition as standard. On ID.3 for example keyless entry is available on every trim except Life.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,665 Posts
Has anyone found a way to have the car lock itself when you walk away with the keys in your pocket? My Zoe does this and now I'm quite used to it, but I haven't found a setting for it in the menus...
I think it only unlocks on approach, you need to lock with the key fob or by touching the external part of either front door handle.

·
Registered
VW ID.4 1st Max | Mangan Gray
4 Posts
only auto-unlock, there is no auto-lock. Just touch the triangle on the door to (un)lock.
It only Auto Locks IF you opened the car/walked past by it with your keys in pocket and didnt open a door for 30s.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
only auto-unlock, there is no auto-lock. Just touch the triangle on the door to (un)lock.
It only Auto Locks IF you opened the car/walked past by it with your keys in pocket and didnt open a door for 30s.
Thanks, I'll try that today.

Possible a very stupid question, but what exactly is the process to turn the car on/off...? Sometimes I hop in the car and I can just put it in D/B and go, other times I have to push the "start/stop" button. Similarly, sometimes when I pull into my drive, put it in N, and press the parking brake button the "Goodbye" screen appears (I assume that means the car is off, though is still sounds 100% on until I physically get out of the seat...), but other times I need to press the start/stop button to get the Goodbye screen (and pressing start/stop while holding in the brake never works, I have to release the brake first...). I feel pretty dumb, as it is just turning it on and off, but I can't seem to figure out the exact process....

·
Registered
VW ID.4 1st Max | Mangan Gray
4 Posts
Thanks, I'll try that today.

Possible a very stupid question, but what exactly is the process to turn the car on/off...? Sometimes I hop in the car and I can just put it in D/B and go, other times I have to push the "start/stop" button. Similarly, sometimes when I pull into my drive, put it in N, and press the parking brake button the "Goodbye" screen appears (I assume that means the car is off, though is still sounds 100% on until I physically get out of the seat...), but other times I need to press the start/stop button to get the Goodbye screen (and pressing start/stop while holding in the brake never works, I have to release the brake first...). I feel pretty dumb, as it is just turning it on and off, but I can't seem to figure out the exact process....
Park your car, Put it on P, unlock your belt
Park your car, Open the front door
Park your car, Put it on P, release brake pedal
Park your car, (Put it on P), Push the start/stop button

its.. abit multipurpose shutting down. you will get the hang of it.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Park your car, Put it on P, unlock your belt
Park your car, Open the front door
Park your car, Put it on P, release brake pedal
Park your car, (Put it on P), Push the start/stop button

its.. abit multipurpose shutting down. you will get the hang of it.
Heh, thank you for confirming I am not crazy!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Simply because both cars 1st editions do not have these feature

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well, I'm talking about UK First Editions. We only have (had) one trim sold. 1st Max was not available here for ID3 and is not available for ID4.

·
Premium Member
6,665 Posts
That's just the regular 1st edition, yeah? Not the 1st Max?

Thought I was in that menu yesterday but didn't see that option. 1st edition here, not the max.
Yep, just the regular UK 1st Edition.

Get to it from the Central Locking section of the Vehicle menu, and it should be there.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tried pressing all over the door handle today, nothing unlocked it until I pulled out the key and pressed the button. As with many other small things about the ID.4, its not a deal-breaker by any means, but for a £40,000 car it is something I expected...

·
Premium Member
6,665 Posts
Odd. Irish 1st Edition here (thought they were the same)

No Keyless access here
Another one of those individual importer spec decisions then by the looks of it?

I’ve turned mine off anyway, I didn’t want it waking up/unlocking every time I walked past it with the key in my pocket.

Was it supposed to have keyless in Ireland?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Another one of those individual importer spec decisions then by the looks of it?

I’ve turned mine off anyway, I didn’t want it waking up/unlocking every time I walked past it with the key in my pocket.

Was it supposed to have keyless in Ireland?
The spec sheet says no, but I thought the demo I drove had it. I could of been mistaken though. Disappointing though. Was convenient with kids, no fumbling for keys etc.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts