Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went on to auto-trader today and was very surprised to see that there were already deals for the ID3.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Just had a look, cheapest is £35,827 - so £53 less than the RRP minus £3,000 grant?

I was surprised to see any on there (19) but they don’t seem to be giving them away quite yet!

·
Registered
227 Posts
I wonder if these are cancelled customer orders and the dealer decided to keep it for "stock" or if they just ordered them without an actual customer in mind or if VW are sending them all a demo car as happened with the Kia e-Niro launch ?

We may never know, I also wonder if this "glut" of availability will be followed by a longish period when it is hard to get one and 6 month wait times etc as can happen if demand from the factory is high, perhaps not high here in the UK but in Germany with the large cash EV incentives and bonuses that are on offer or Norway with a very large customer base of e-Golf owners who may be interested in an upgrade.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The designated ID3 salesman, at my local dealership, said that they were waiting for their demo car to arrive. Apparently it's due in a couple of week's time.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I think because there were so many cancellations which is probably why they have so many available on autotrader maybe?
I doubt they will hold their value that well based on the current trend

1 - 6 of 6 Posts