Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
It won't let me read it until I disable my ad blocker so that's another article that I won't read and a website that won't be visited again. Yes I know, it's my loss, I'm grieving already ;)

·
Registered
143 Posts
It won't let me read it until I disable my ad blocker so that's another article that I won't read and a website that won't be visited again. Yes I know, it's my loss, I'm grieving already ;)
That's interesting - I'm using Firefox with Ghostery add blocker and I can access the site without any problems or adds.

AutoCar.png

John.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
U-block Origin here, and no problems reading the article here either... Time for a better ad blocker ?

·
Zoe Devotee
8,147 Posts
Decent read, typos though!

Glad EH was shamed, they bask in too much presumed glory when in fact they are part of the problem now.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Interesting quote from item 7:
I was delighted to discover a Welsh Government initiative trying to pull together the mishmash of providers under an umbrella scheme, so that users could access all the chargers using one app or card, rather than having to sign up to a patchwork of providers.
Any progress???

·
Registered
529 Posts
So, like everything else that's supposed to cover all of Wales, it's about 5 locations along the south coast & Aberyswyth. sigh
I guess they can't force existing providers to join a scheme, but they could make it a condition of receiving any grants. Silverstone seem to install and maintain chargers, and also run Dragon, but how that works is a mystery to me.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
As DragonCharging works with GeniePoint cards and vice-versa, they need to add the GeniePoint posts in Wales (eg. Pontcysyllte Aqueduct car park) to their maps.
You can't expect anybody to get anything right, these days.
eg.:
"There are 2 chargeposts in each car park. Each chargepost has 2 charging sockets. 4 electric vehicles can therefore charge simultaneously at each location."

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
No problems here either (Firefox with Adblock Plus, Ghostery, U-Block Origin AND Privacy Badger)
Have you really got two ad blockers (Adblock Plus and uBlock Origin)? Won't they fight each other? Surely one is enough (uBlock Origin here). Not heard of the other two things you mention - surely not four ad blockers??!! Is there any CPU left to process the page? :eek: (Tempted to query the second part of your user name :))

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Have you really got two ad blockers (Adblock Plus and uBlock Origin)? Won't they fight each other? Surely one is enough (uBlock Origin here). Not heard of the other two things you mention - surely not four ad blockers??!! Is there any CPU left to process the page? :eek: (Tempted to query the second part of your user name :))
Ghostery & Privacy Badger aren't adblockers, they're anti-tracking plugins (links provided).
Adblock Plus & Ublock Origin don't fight, but each covers any holes in the other.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts