Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
The review seems to suggest no rapid charge facility, is this correct? Nowadays when I read an EV review, most of the stuff is pretty much a given, good ride quality, smooth progress, fairly rapid, 80 - 100 mile range etc. What I'm really interested in is stuff like charging flexibilty, battery warranty, heater efficiency etc. Unfortunately most of the reviews seem to miss these 'quite' important aspects of day to day EV ownership!

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
The drop-in Tesla charging system the B uses doesn't support CCS, and I guess they didn't want to activate supercharging for commercial reasons, which is a shame.

·
Super Moderator
11,952 Posts
The review seems to suggest no rapid charge facility, is this correct?
Yes.

The car can charge at 11kW from 3phase AC. It only charges at 3.6kW from single phase AC. The car has a larger battery then the other "100 mile" EVs. It will take ages to charge at 3.6kW.

This alone will probably take the car off the list when it comes time to replace the LEAF.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
All I want is a BEV that can drive to my girlfriends place and back with out stopping to charge 152 miles, no one is pushing the boundaries, and with hydrogen Pushing it's way in now, I think the manufacturers Will slow down the battery development

·
Super Moderator
11,952 Posts
All I want is a BEV that can drive to my girlfriends place and back with out stopping to charge 152 miles,
There are plenty of hints that the next LEAF (2015??) will have an optional larger pack with a "150 mile" range.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts