Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A measure of the growing popularity of EVs and the fact that they are going mainstream, Autocar have published a guide to buying an EV.
Given that it's aimed at the average ICE driver rather than the enthusiasts on here it's not too bad, but there are some howlers and frankly if these people are examples of the British public it explains a lot! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
235 Posts
You can charge it too high
You can charge it too low
You can charge it too fast
You can charge it too slow
You can charge it too much
You can't charge it enough
8 years is it's life
The decision is tough!

Anyone want to add another verse? Maybe about brakes ceasing, cobalt depletion, range anxiety, carppy charging network? I'm sure there's more. Why did we buy them?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Why did we buy them?
Here's why I bought mine:
  • I have too much money
  • I have status anxiety
  • My parents didn't love me enough, now I'm compensating
  • I like shaming people about their environment credentials

At least these silence those peeps that cannot think for themselves or believe they can convince me I made a mistake. (Even if I made a mistake, it's me that has to live with the mistake, not them.)

I just love the darn thing! It's great value for me! Makes me happy! And it drives people mad, because they can't comprehend, you can read in their eyes how puzzled they are, they just don't understand that it's a personal decision. I set the value of something, not the mob; if I say it has value, it has value! Otherwise is to have a slave mind. Wooh... got carried away, this was supposed to go into the philosophy forum...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts