Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else has a problem with the automatic Braking being applied for no reason.

I really like the MG4 but found this behaviour very worrying. I was driving at about 30 mph on a clear road and fortunately no one was behind me but for no obvious reason the brakes were violently applied automatically to bring the car to a full stop.

· Registered
MG5 LR, Nissan LEAF 24 and various old ICE
11,817 Posts
That's one fault that I didn't have with our MG4, but it is quite common on modern cars from a lot of manufacturers and all powertrains.

Reactions: Rbrian

· Registered
438 Posts
The odd false trigger of AEB seems pretty much routine, I have had it on I3s, Honda e and Tesla m3. I have never had it actually apply the brakes hard, I think all systems are defeated if you just press the accelerator. Most systems will trigger if you meet a bus on a bend on a narrow road and my Tesla used to dislike a particular pair of big manhole covers on my commute. I have come across a Merc that had a fault and would just apply the brakes and refuse to move at all due to a non existent car in front, but that was pretty extreme and obviously a fault.

· Registered
2022 Kia Soul Maxx
704 Posts
Has anyone else has a problem with the automatic Braking being applied for no reason.

I really like the MG4 but found this behaviour very worrying. I was driving at about 30 mph on a clear road and fortunately no one was behind me but for no obvious reason the brakes were violently applied automatically to bring the car to a full stop.
There is quite a lot about this on the MG EV forum - worth a look.

· Registered
1 Posts

It just happned today on my MG HS TDI! Scary, really scary!

· Registered
4 Posts
It just happned today on my MG HS TDI! Scary, really scary!
Welcome to the latest errr...'technology'.
Even Teslas do this. It normally occurs when the sensors pick up a shadow, road grate, stick or whatever in front of the car. Turn the wretched AEB thing off if you can.
It seems to be an EV thing as I havent heard of it happening with ICE vehicles with the same tech but I could be wrong. It is the same tech sourced from third parties so I don't know why it wouldn't behave the same unless it is something to do with quality control.
In saying that I am keen on looking at the MG4 when it arrives in Australia and hopefully they will have sorted this and other quirks by then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts