Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
at last, I love linux! Been windows free for years now, apart from in the LEAF I suppose :)

·
Registered
661 Posts
the LEAF is powered by windows automotive, which scares the crap out of me :),
not sure about the others.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Ford cars in the US use it but they have a logo that tells you its windows, I though the leaf was running something like QNX

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/news/features/2010/oct10/10-19windowsembeddedautomotive7.aspx

"Microsoft announced today that Windows Embedded Automotive technologies are powering the touch-screen Information Hub for the 2011Nissan LEAF electric car. The hub gives LEAF drivers and passengers a navigation system and electricity charging station locator. It also shares power consumption monitoring information with drivers, and enables easy in-car climate monitoring – all on top of a smooth, quiet electric ride."

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/news/features/2010/oct10/10-19windowsembeddedautomotive7.aspx

"Microsoft announced today that Windows Embedded Automotive technologies are powering the touch-screen Information Hub for the 2011Nissan LEAF electric car. The hub gives LEAF drivers and passengers a navigation system and electricity charging station locator. It also shares power consumption monitoring information with drivers, and enables easy in-car climate monitoring – all on top of a smooth, quiet electric ride."
wow learn something new ever day :)

Now must get rid of the leaf before the tesla arrives, windows is banned in my house :)

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Now all you Leaf owners will understand why sometimes it gets a little unresponsive and slow. You can just default to "Oh, it's because it's Windows..." (I know I do).

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
wow learn something new ever day :)

Now must get rid of the leaf before the tesla arrives, windows is banned in my house :)
Doesn't that make it a bit dark? :D

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 15 of 15 Posts