Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Tesla Model X 75 D
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I test drove a 2017 (with autopilot 2.0 hardware) model S 75d yesterday. It was great fun. But it didn't have autopilot.

How much does it cost to upgrade this to standard auto pilot, or enhanced autopilot or fsd?

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,882 Posts
It depends on what it has, and when it was purchased.

On my 2017 Tesla the upgrade price would change regularly...

·
Registered
Tesla Model X 75 D
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It depends on what it has, and when it was purchased.

On my 2017 Tesla the upgrade price would change regularly...
It says autopilot safety features included. I have attached a screen image I took when I test drove it with the vin blacked out (not sure if that is important or not).

Attachments

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,882 Posts
Is it a a private sale?

If the owner logs onto their MyTesla account it should give them the upgrade price.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Aren't AP safety features stuff like AEB and lane departure avoidance? I don't think that means ACC and Autosteer.

Reactions: cah197

·
Registered
Tesla Model X 75 D
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This one is at a dealership... But think they are keen to sell this year so could be a decent price... But I have seen quite a few advertised with autopilot safety features. This car definitely did not have autopilot in any capacity aside from using the software for safety. But I would not buy a Tesla without autopilot... But I don't know if that is an option. Maybe I have to shell out £7000 for FSD, in which case the purchase is not an option.

·
Registered
Tesla Model X 75 D
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Probably easier to find a car with either EAP or FSD already bought.
Definitely simpler and easier... But this car is local to me, and may be a decent price and the majority I am seeing in the £30-40,000 price range of 2017 model S do not have autopilot. So I was wondering if it was still available at a reasonable price as an addition. The 2017 Teslas did not come with free autopilot but I think you could buy autopilot for £1.5-2k or enhance autopilot for £2-4k more.

·
My Evezy.co.uk referral code: b4552
Tesla Model 3 SR
372 Posts
Quite a few 2017/8 Model S (like mine) for sale without AP. It became bundled in early 2019 on MS.

The answer however is:

When they were new, you could only buy Enhanced Autopilot which was £5000 and widely reported to be not as good as AP1 so people held off buying it!

To add it now is £2900 or FSD at £6800. At one stage it was £1900, so expect Elon to do the odd deal on it.

P.s. - if you're in the market, mine is for sale and it is utterly mint.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I think a lot of cars for sale are by dealers who don't know what the car has, I think a lot will have EAP and not mention it. There's an easy way to tell :

EAP is to all intents and purposes the same set of features as FSD has today - its just the hardware won't be upgraded unless you pay for FSD and so may not be quite so slick

You can't now upgrade to EAP, they ran a short term offer last quarter but that ended. I presume you may be able to buy basic AP but I would check what the car has first and then ask Tesla the upgrade options and prices, giving them details of the car..

While I take your point about the car you are looking at is local, you will probably find a car with the features for less than a car without plus the upgrade cost. For example, on a Model 3, FSD is commanding about 2-3k premium, but to buy the FSD option would cost you about 8k.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts