Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
Just an alert to warn you that because the 2020 Kona Electric is so new, there are no parts in the UK. I was expecting my car back from the repairer yesterday, only to be told that they have a light assembly on back order which won't arrive until December 16th!
Also, make sure you have courtesy car ticked on your policy. Transfering from Go Compare to the LV= website, the courtesy car and legal insurance unticked. (Fortunately, my NCD stayed ticked).
On the bright side, instead of paying £2,000 for a hire car, I'm picking up a 2002 Focus on Monday for £299 + £72 insurance. When I get my car back, I'll cancel the insurance and get a refund, and sell the Focus on. A no brainer really. :)

·
Registered
Hyundai Kona Premium SE in Galactic Grey
230 Posts
I had to have a new infotainment touch screen ordered and fitted. Originally given a parts delivery date of w/b 26 October, but got a call last week - part in on Tuesday, fitted on Thursday. Guy said that things seem to be picking up following lockdown, but they still give the most conservative estimate, just in case!

·
Registered
Kona 64
550 Posts
Interesting, what was the problem requiring this? I had a total meltdown of the Nav & Maps Apps that could not be updated the replacement unit took about three weeks.

·
Registered
Hyundai Kona Premium SE in Galactic Grey
230 Posts
Interesting, what was the problem requiring this? I had a total meltdown of the Nav & Maps Apps that could not be updated the replacement unit took about three weeks.
The car was 10 days old and the touchscreen just melted mid journey. Radio was playing BBC2 and the screen went blank, no radio, then after 30 secs radio on screen flashed the hyundai logo for 30 secs, then went blank and silent - and so it went on! Tried switching off and back on, tried reset with paperclip, tried it all. Took it to the dealer who thought it was a problem with the software update, so tried a fix - nothing. In the end, whole new unit! The dealer informed me that they generally use refurb'd ones, but as the car was so new he was insistent that it was an unrefurb'd unit that was fitted. A refurb one would have been within a week or so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts