Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of interest I put it in Sport mode when a motorbike came along side (dual carriageway) at the lights. Think I gave him a right shock as I stayed with him up to about 25 - 30 mph and he had to give it full beans to leave me. Of course I totally took my foot off the gas...err leccy...when I reached the speed limit of 40mph.

I may be 'Driving Miss Daisy' most of the time but it's nice to indulge in a bit of 'ev grin' fun now and again.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Yep, Sport mode away from the lights really does catch people out, especially when they have to change gear and you don't :)

Reactions: hopbackguy

·
Registered
109 Posts
I totally love my short weekend drives when I know I'm not going to be in any danger of running out of battery power. With the Sport Mode button pushed and the gear stick flicked in to L and it just goes like a rocket. That acceleration from the lights is fantastic, but when you're on faster roads it's got that torque at whatever speed you're doing :-D

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I totally love my short weekend drives when I know I'm not going to be in any danger of running out of battery power. With the Sport Mode button pushed and the gear stick flicked in to L and it just goes like a rocket. That acceleration from the lights is fantastic, but when you're on faster roads it's got that torque at whatever speed you're doing :-D
Why in L mode? You like it driving like an i3?;)

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
So that'll be ALL the Nottingham Ampera/Volt drivers outed as hoons then...

Reactions: Brooktop

·
Registered
86 Posts
See profile location. (so, like you, I do.)

and I'm not just talking about the participants of this thread @purpleperil can be included too!
What are you saying about Ampera drivers from Hucknall? ;)

Although, the Anesley bypass and Long Lane both make for entertaining places to show how much torque the Ampera has. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts