Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have B-Class owners had visibility of the car diagnostics? Do dealers provide them at time of servicing, or use them to show faults. My dealer seems ‘coy’ and seems to have a view that they are ‘not’ for owners.

Lastly, does anyone have experience, with a Dongle and associated App(s)? I bought the dongle for my Mitsu - but have yet to test it - on either EV!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’ve had huge charging problems with my B using my Chargemaster 7kW wallbox. The dealer has seen the diagnostic reports and sends them off to MB Europe for further analysis. My understanding is that the report is a bunch of fault codes that are meaningless to humans, thus I don’t think there is any reason why you need to worry. If you have a fault light or warning light then concentrate on getting your dealer to fix the problem

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
“I don’t think there is any reason why you need to worry. If you have a fault light or warning light then concentrate on getting your dealer to fix the problem.”

Was that ‘tongue in cheek’? I sounds like Mike is opening his cheque-book, without understanding the diagnosis/prognosis. I would much prefer to read the diagnostics for myself and would object to any MB report being withheld!

If I demand transparency of my Medical Records - I expect my car Report to be ‘open’ too! At the next service, I will certainly ask for a hard copy of the diagnostics.

·
9,719 Posts
If I demand transparency of my Medical Records - I expect my car Report to be ‘open’ too! At the next service, I will certainly ask for a hard copy of the diagnostics.
You can ask, you won't get.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can ask, you won't get.
I did get a copy of the diagnostic printout from my Mercedes Dealer - but not the Battery Condition, which is what I wanted. I don’t agree with Jack and believe every B250 owner should ask (politely) for the Diagnostics Printout. If you don’t ask - you won’t get! My view is that the data belongs to the car owner - only the means of extraction belongs to MB. Why would MB want to deny owners access to the data?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts