Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious. I’m assuming B mode is also ‘manual’ mode but assume I’m not touching the paddles or sequential, should the display still show M1, M2 etc and also the 1>2, 2>3 etc when driving around?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi, B mode means brake regeneration mode, so if you lift off the accelerator the motor will work backwards to generate charge, and slow you down. D mode is drive and will allow you to Coast if you lift off the accelerator.

If you push the gear stick left, or pull on one of the shift paddles it will be in semi automatic mode. Which shows up as M1 through M6.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Pull back on the gear stick when it's in D mode, to goto B mode.

Pull back again to change to D.

I use this when driving in super eco battery saving, D when following traffic, B when slowing for roundabouts and junctions before using brakes to come to stop. Then back to D again.

It'll take some getting used to.

·
Registered
66 Posts
While I've got a golf GTE, I initially couldn't work it out either, I was pushing right :ROFLMAO: . Wondering to myself if I'd been sold a duff en.

I went back to the old RTFM and was soon sorted.

It's great and I often use D on my way to work (5-6am) and D and B on my way home 3-4pm. It's excellent especially so on roads with loads of speed bumps.

·
Registered
138 Posts
If you hit a paddle to change down it also increases the regen a bit while temporarily going to M mode. It can help when approaching a bend or roundabout. It then goes back to D if left long enough or hold the up shift paddle for a couple of seconds to return to D.

·
Registered
GOLF GTE PHEV
4,637 Posts
I use B most of the time as it is similar to 1 pedal mode in the Leaf and reduces the need to use the brake pedal.

However I do use the paddle to change down before a junction or sharp bend, rather than leaving it to the auto box to do it mid bend.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I use B most of the time as it is similar to 1 pedal mode in the Leaf and reduces the need to use the brake pedal.

However I do use the paddle to change down before a junction or sharp bend, rather than leaving it to the auto box to do it mid bend.
I would have thought the gearbox would inhibit changes through corners, with data from the steering angle sensor. My 2008 XF had this, so I would expect a newer car to manage this feat easily.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts