Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, as the title says my b mode does not seem to be working properly. it happened for the first time on Saturday when i went from D to B and nothing changed.I left it a few minutes and tried again and it worked.
However today no matter how much i toggle between D and B there is no discernible difference.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well when i normally put it into B mode there is normally an instant drag on the acceleration and also going downhill there was hardly any regenerative drag.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Is it displayed as B on the screen?
Also when the SOC is high approximately 95% ish to 100% then the regen is not needed so it can give the impression that it is not functioning.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it was fully charged, only the second time its 100%. Hadn't thought about that, i'll give it a go when it gets down to 85-90%. Thanks for the speedy replies.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Yes, this is normal behaviour :)

There is little or no regen braking when the battery is near full and as the battery level drops so regen becomes progressively more available.

You have an indication on the power meter (the white dots)... in the regen zone (to the left) there are little blue circles. Look closely and you will see these are double circles. They are double when regen is available and just single circles when the battery is full and regen is limited. The extra circle comes on progressively from the centre as more and more regen becomes available.

·
Registered
103 Posts
This is one reason I wish we could select charge limits other than 80 and 100%. I'd like 80 and 95% so the regen is available, avoiding wasted energy and pad wear

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
This is one reason I wish were could select charge limits other than 80 and 100%. I'd like 80 and 95% so the regen is available, avoiding less wasted energy and pad wear
Unfortunately none of your wishes will be granted as the new 2015 USA models now no longer have the 80% battery save mode option and also probably expected on the European model.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
To me is says that they don't believe that charging to 100% makes much difference to battery life. Perhaps it does for Mk1 Leafs with the old battery tech but even so, I almost always charge to 100% now when not rapid charging. With RC I nearly always stop at the 80%.

·
Registered
221 Posts
And because if you provide an 80% mode the NEDC rating is the average for the 100% and 80% modes lowering the advertised range.

·
Registered
103 Posts
(Even if / Although) it is perfectly fine to charge to 100% I would have liked the option to set an upper limit, say 95%, in order to have braking regeneration ALWAYS available. They could have renamed the 'long life' mode to 'User Limit' and allowed us to choose our own value. Ditto the charge timer. I'd like every little extra to keep my Mile per KwH up, unless I consciously choose to blow it on speed/acceleration.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts