Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

B250e Extended Warranty Thoughts?

5K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  NeilW79 
#1 ·
Bought a used 2016 B250e recently. Fully loaded. 30k miles.

It looks like the additional 3 year/25k mile (7 year/75k total) warranty will be about $2,500-3,000 from Mercedes. Worth it?

Anyone purchased this (or not purchased) and have any insight?

What is the deadline for adding this? We currently have 5 months left on the original 4 yr/50k mile one.

#4 ·
@Paul Harrington : I've had quite a few problems with the B250e (battery and motor), but that's covered by the 8y warranty. Why would you want to pay 325 UKP a year for "insurance" against things that would probably be covered by the normal "leniency" after the 2/3y warranty has ended? It 's not that they are going to cover normal wear and tear like tires and breakpads.

#5 ·
I did bite the bullet and paid out £640 for 24 months, 4 months in and my granny charger has packed up so got a new one on the warranty (RP £601 inc vat) ( £299 on ebay) But new one is only a 2.4 kwh and not the same 3 kwh + one I had, and also a "Malfunction visit workshop" message £107 paid by warranty. ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.