Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back into a leaf after a while, will need to change the 7KW podpoint tethered cable from 1 to 2.
Can anyone recommend a quality cable and is it easy enough to change in the unit?
I’m not totally useless with a screwdriver and can isolate the power.

·
Registered
6,692 Posts
Back into a leaf after a while, will need to change the 7KW podpoint tethered cable from 1 to 2.
Can anyone recommend a quality cable and is it easy enough to change in the unit?
I’m not totally useless with a screwdriver and can isolate the power.
You used to have a Leaf
Then you had a type2 car?
You changed the tethered lead to type 2?
And threw away the old type 1 lead?
Now you have a Leaf with type 1 again or a later Leaf with type 2?
Just buy a new type 2 lead, make sure it's 32A for future proofing, some of the other replies recommend suppliers

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Think I’m going down the new type 2 lead route.
I’ve taken the cover off the podpoint and there’s three thick wires of the usual colours that screw in, then a thinner red one that seems to just clip into a little switch.
It’s hard to see from the ‘evonestop’ website if their replacement cable includes this little red wire.
Or can anyone link me to another shop thst does a replacement type 2 thethered cable that definitely includes this wee red wire too?

·
Registered
6,692 Posts
Pm
Think I’m going down the new type 2 lead route.
I’ve taken the cover off the podpoint and there’s three thick wires of the usual colours that screw in, then a thinner red one that seems to just clip into a little switch.
It’s hard to see from the ‘evonestop’ website if their replacement cable includes this little red wire.
Or can anyone link me to another shop thst does a replacement type 2 thethered cable that definitely includes this wee red wire too?
Send a PM to Jeremy Harris. He will be able to recommend a supplier of non kinking European manufactured cables with s type 2 connector that includes the pilot wire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts