Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20161018_161020.jpg

Arrived at my local public car park charging area and found this. Could this EV owner really not be bothered to park their car properly so that they could use the charger for their parking space? How rude. I had to get my friend to help get my charging plug into the socket closest to their car, but it only just fit. On the face of it, so inconsiderate.

·
The best there is at what I do
10,633 Posts
Some Outlander owners do seem to have a parking problem, not sure why I can only assume that their previous cars were considerably smaller and they are finding the size makes it difficult to park or maybe it's something to do with the design that makes it awkward to park.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Maybe the same thing happened to him when he arrived? With your i3 socket on the rear right, even the shortest cable should reach from the next space, I would have thought?

·
Registered
612 Posts
I don't see what he's done wrong except plugging into the right-hand socket instead of the left-hand one. Did you try the left-hand one to see if it was working?

·
Registered
811 Posts
You shouldn't judge unless you know what happened. It could be the other side was in use when they arrived, it might not have activated for them so they had to use the rhs (I've done this on numerous occasions), it they could be lazy and inconsiderate and not have been bothered to move after parking poorly and took an easy out. You'll never know which of these is right so don't worry about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The left hand charger worked fine for me. With some effort and help from a friend, I managed to bend the charging cable at enough of an angle to get the charging plug into the charging unit, with it resting against their car bodywork. My point really is, why would someone leave their car so badly parked that it makes it so difficult for others to use the charging unit?

I don't know the circumstances when the car owner arrived, however it does seem lazy and inconsiderate to others in the way they parked. Simply wanted to share this on the forum.

·
The best there is at what I do
10,633 Posts
The left hand charger worked fine for me. With some effort and help from a friend, I managed to bend the charging cable at enough of an angle to get the charging plug into the charging unit, with it resting against their car bodywork. My point really is, why would someone leave their car so badly parked that it makes it so difficult for others to use the charging unit?

I don't know the circumstances when the car owner arrived, however it does seem lazy and inconsiderate to others in the way they parked. Simply wanted to share this on the forum.
When I looked at the photo I thought it looked difficult to connect to the charger, irrespective of what the circumstances were when they arrived it would have been easy to either move to the left a bit or not pull so far forward, looking at the front wheel it looks as though they just swung in and left it where it ended up.

Very happy to be proved wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts