Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a home Zappi connector for charging my 225xe. Over the last couple of months, the car has not registered as connected unless I move the cable around. wd40 Seems to help a little, or lifting the cable and draping it over the car flap.So might be corrosion and a loose connection. Before I change the cable, wanted to check. The two Communication connection points on the vehicle. Is the right pin further in than the left on everyone‘s car ? Mine is an inch further in.

·
Registered
BMW 530e
8 Posts
I have a home Zappi connector for charging my 225xe. Over the last couple of months, the car has not registered as connected unless I move the cable around. wd40 Seems to help a little, or lifting the cable and draping it over the car flap.So might be corrosion and a loose connection. Before I change the cable, wanted to check. The two Communication connection points on the vehicle. Is the right pin further in than the left on everyone‘s car ? Mine is an inch further in.
Yes, the right comms pin is shorter. Just checked mine.
Can you open the cable plug and check the wiring is securely connected?
If that's ok you might be able to use a multimeter for continuity and then move the cable to see if it is a problem with one of the wires in the cable, if so I wouldn't use it.

·
Premium Member
11,015 Posts
No point messing about trying to repair a charging point under warranty. Assuming installed under OLEV grant it has 3 year warranty so contact whoever installed it to come and fix.

I assume car socket works with other cables and charging points?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts