Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all,

I like to change my front & rear badges either to black or new logo type. Anyone with experience of this?

Regarding the front Badge/Emblem I wonder if the silver plastic logo comes off the flap door and can be replaced. with something like Fig1.jpeg
Hood Motor vehicle Azure Font Rim

or Fig2
Blue Hood Motor vehicle Azure World

Regarding the rear I don't want to disassemble door to remove badge so would just like a decal sticker.

Opinons/advice very welcome.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The front badge is held on by clips that insert into the door mechanism and you wouldn't need to remove the whole thing. The clips that hold the badge in place though are different from the mk7 and mk7.5 badges and you will probably need trim down the 'clips' and double sided tape it down. The size of the VW emblem should be spot on with all 7/7.5s but definitely check the measurements of your original one. All apart from the newer models with the acc embedded in to VW emblem, which is all one level and you wouldn't be able to swap it out.
I hope this made sense.
This is basically what I experienced when doing my own.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Unleashed8885

I think I won't look at fitting new style emblem if clips are different.

The Gloss Black Emblem with Blue highlights you have, did that clip into existing clips ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK definitely decided against any badge change, I've been thinking about it for over a year and keep ending with no purchase.

I have however ordered gloss black Eyelids for headlights I think they are very subtle and, to me at least, fit with the car styling, matching the grills gloss black and contour lines, Which is complimented by the boot lid Gloss black side spoilers.

Should have by Monday and will fit and post pics.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered the badges with the blue highlights, I think they do the same style in red. So it came as two pieces with the blue part just laying behind the main part. I still have the original just incase. Thats fair enough about keeping it original.

I remember having eyelids on my astra and it does make a difference. I'm a fan of them just haven't had a chance to look for some yet but I might tint the lights at the rear next.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Don't tint the rear lights, the visibility of your brake lights is essential and should you get into an accident, it will affect the liability if your tinted rear lights is deemed to have affected the other driver's ability to see your lamps.

You perhaps don't appreciate that the lights on the rear of a car are designed to be seen clearly in bright direct sunlight as well as at night -- I've been behind an Astra with tinted brake lights in direct sun (driving west in the evening) and you could not tell when that car was braking at all. With other vehicles it was still possible to tell.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts