Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

541 - 543 of 543 Posts

·
Registered
14,908 Posts
The functional relationship between deaths and air quality are highly suspect. If you reach back through the journals I think you'll find it is all extrapolated from one set of results from one location along one road. But if enough people keep citing the original journal and keep expanding and over-stretching the correlation then you can end up with anything as the outcome.
So a bit like all those people who’s cancer treatments were delayed by six weeks. We’ll never know if they would have lived longer in the first place.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
This article is interesting and seems reasonably balanced:
Coronavirus: Is it time to free the healthy from restrictions?

Graph near the bottom is interesting (though I've seen it or similar before I think). But I have a feeling a statistician might say it isn't telling us what it looks like.

Overall the article confirms some opinions people have thrown up.

One statistic I do want to see, but will need a few months before it could be generated if it ever is, is the proportion of sufferers/survivors who are left with significant new long term health problems. If it's many that could be a more worrying result than the outright death statistics.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
26,354 Posts
... I have a feeling a statistician might say it isn't telling us what it looks like....
It says to me 'be careful when you play dangerous sports with 9 year olds, you are 100 times more likely to die than they are'.

;)

541 - 543 of 543 Posts