Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

EV owners: Would you like to see a work-charging system implemented? To aid charging connivance?

• Definitely

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Probably not

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I am currently undergoing my master's degree dissertation thesis. My topic is assessing the barriers that are currently stopping the public from switching to an electric vehicle. I have created a questionnaire to aid my research on my chosen topic. Any participation and feedback are greatly appreciated.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Survey: Barriers to adoption Survey
------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
SIgh. Another half cocked survey.

Why did you ask "
"Do you have a charge point close to your home? "
But not "do you or could you charge your vehicle AT home." (My emphasis on "at")

Are you aware that if you charge your vehicle at home , which most EV users do, then how close charging points are to your home, (discounting the one AT your home) is utterly irrelevant?

Are you aware of the different types of hybrid? You didn't even distinguish between hybrid and plug in hybrid, very different animals. I could have a Toyota that calls itself a hybrid but essentially uses petrol for 95% of its mileage or a plug in hybrid which dependent upon my driving patterns might do 95% on electric.

Also, this seems to be a UK survey. If it is, pardon me if i dont believe you have a Tesla Model 3.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Another instance of someone preparing a dissertation who has not fully experienced EV ownership/usage.
If the grammar isn't correct when wording the questions what hope for the dissertation?

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Quite a few comments:
1. Title should be Barriers to adoption
2. Q4 should have an additional option: Not Applicable (I already own one)
3. With the exception of 2, Q4 would be better as a multiple selection check box list
4. Q5 is grammatically incorrect, plus there is more than one benefit to owning an EV
5. Q6 should include "at home". In fact it's more complex than that. For non-EV owners looking to purchase,
you should be asking if they intend to install a charge point at home, or if they don't or cannot, then the distance of rapid charge points from home becomes relevant. For existing owners, ask if they can charge at home.
6. Q8 replace "appealing for yourself" with "appealing to you".
7. Q10 should have 3 options: "yes", "should be sooner", "should be later". "No" is meaningless in this context.
(If sooner of later, maybe ask for a suggested year.)

Edit: I see that there have been quite a few posts made while I was composing my answer. Perhaps I was too polite as far as the grammar goes.

Edit #2: Good to see that our comments are being helpful. I see you have already changed the title :) And I can see you are still editing the survey :)

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Sorry Jack. The survey contains too many errors to complete. I'll add - you've put age 60 to 65 and then put over 60. I come into both categories;).

Don't be put off. My daughter has just completed her Masters and had to revise and revise her questionnaires several times before I'd give her the all clear. Treat this as a lesson to get it right and try again.(y)

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
And if we are being picky, why ask if you OWN one?
How about "regularly drive" or "do you own or have one on lease or PCP?"
I dont own one, though I drive it every day. In a years and a bits time though Drive Electric will cruelly take it away from me, its theirs. Or Lex's. Or someones. But not mine.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hello,

I am currently undergoing my master's degree dissertation. My topic for my thesis is assessing the barriers of EV adoption. I have constructed a questionnaire which would be massively beneficial for myself if you could take a couple minutes to complete it.
Also, if you click on Forums above, and look under Vehicle Specific you’ll see a big list of manufacturers. It is still not an exhaustive list, but more than you have on your survey.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Sorry Jack. The survey contains too many errors to complete. I'll add - you've put age 60 to 65 and then put over 60. I come into both categories;).

Don't be put off. My daughter has just completed her Masters and had to revise and revise her questionnaires several times before I'd give her the all clear. Treat this as a lesson to get it right and try again.(y)
Im seeing 56-65 and over 60.

And whats "deisel"?

·
Registered
99 Posts
More crimes against the English language.

Is it the case that undergraduate students can’t use proper grammar, or are just to lazy to think about properly worded questions?

if you're going to have a pop at someone's spelling and grammar it might be an idea to spell check your post before submitting ;-)

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
It depends. Some courses are direct masters degrees.

If he’s post grad then that’s even worse.
Isn't there some convention on t'internet about not dissing other people's grammar? We can't all be professors of English, can we, and I can't see what difference commenting makes other than to make the OP feel bad and to emphasise your own superiority.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Isn't there some convention on t'internet about not dissing other people's grammar? We can't all be professors of English, can we, and I can't see what difference commenting makes other than to make the OP feel bad and to emphasise your own superiority.
There is a huge difference between random forum posting and a questionaire which has in theory been designed with some thought.

fwiw my issues aren't the poor grammar but the very poor question structure. I'd love to see the design criteria.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you for all the feedback on my draft questionnaire, I was nieve to the content of my questions and the number of people that would view it on this site. I am currently undergoing a new questionnaire with extensive amendments. I will be adding it back onto this site after completion. I would be extremely grateful for further completion and feedback on this second questionnaire.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts