Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
My order for Gravity Blue went in on 24 Jan, order number ending 17xxx - here's hoping I'm also in Batch 5... <crosses fingers>

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks to the folks here for the heads-up - I called my dealer, he checked the system - and it looks like my car is estimated to be with them on 9th October, so hopefully with me a few days after that.

Cheers,
Darren

Ordered 23 Jan, on the Kia system 24 Jan, order number 17xxx

·
Registered
648 Posts
Thanks to the folks here for the heads-up - I called my dealer, he checked the system - and it looks like my car is estimated to be with them on 9th October, so hopefully with me a few days after that.

Cheers,
Darren

Not a particularly good recommendation for your dealer, though, if he only bothered to check the portal at your prompting. Not my idea of good customer service.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Us too, notified today 29 Sep19:-

Ordered 23 Jan 19
1011017xxx
Gravity Blue
With Dealer 9 Oct 19

Looking at the paperwork, he was probably notified on the 20 Sept 19!!

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Called in to dealer yesterday as I am guessing based on dates and order numbers above, my car 'should' be in this batch. Nothing on the Kia system. No idea where it is even if it is already on a ship or at Immingham. No change in terms of information flow from Kia, still as bad as ever :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I also placed my order on 25 Jan so here's hoping that my car is in the batch. No update from my dealer yet.
My order for Gravity Blue went in on 24 Jan, order number ending 17xxx - here's hoping I'm also in Batch 5... <crosses fingers>
You guys heard anything yet?

I really am getting fed up of this company and it's apparent random fulfilment order and crappy communications :mad:

·
Registered
19 Posts
You guys heard anything yet?

I really am getting fed up of this company and it's apparent random fulfilment order and crappy communications :mad:
Still no update from my dealer. I had hoped to have the e-Niro by now as I am off on a road trip next week. Looks as if I shall be carrying on with my old diesel Vauxhall for some weeks yet!

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Still no update from my dealer. I had hoped to have the e-Niro by now as I am off on a road trip next week. Looks as if I shall be carrying on with my old diesel Vauxhall for some weeks yet!
Ditto, I could do with mine this month to avoid a PITA trip with more recharges or Rex burn than ideal.

What’s bugging me is how people who ordered later are getting cars delivered and how some dealers seem to be able to find out cars are coming weeks before they arrive when others don’t. I’m hoping that this week brings some news but 9th Oct is awfully close so I’m guessing that ain’t gonna happen.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I finally got a call from my dealer today - the car is at the dealership, and I have arranged to pick it up on Tuesday.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I finally got a call from my dealer today - the car is at the dealership, and I have arranged to pick it up on Tuesday.

That is ridiculous! Only 5 days notice. They MUST have known when, within a few days, it was going to be delivered. It gives you no time at all to get your ducks in a row. At least my dealer gave me 2 weeks (plus a bit) notice and the short lead time was down to Kia, not the dealer. Sounds to me as though your dealer is pitching for the 'Customer Care [couldn't care a sod]' prize. Good luck with them!

(But the car is brilliant and well worth the wait.)

EDIT - Just read your earlier post so the news was maybe not as unexpected as I'd thought. But I still think they should have been calling you rather than the other way around all the time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That is ridiculous! Only 5 days notice. They MUST have known when, within a few days, it was going to be delivered. It gives you no time at all to get your ducks in a row. At least my dealer gave me 2 weeks (plus a bit) notice and the short lead time was down to Kia, not the dealer. Sounds to me as though your dealer is pitching for the 'Customer Care [couldn't care a sod]' prize. Good luck with them!

(But the car is brilliant and well worth the wait.)

EDIT - Just read your earlier post so the news was maybe not as unexpected as I'd thought. But I still think they should have been calling you rather than the other way around all the time.
To be fair, I knew from my previous call to expect to hear from them yesterday, and when to pick the car up was my choice - any time from Monday was OK.
Don't get me started on the communications hassles with EcoPlugg though - nice people, but I have to keep chasing them to get an installation date for an EVSE.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I understand the Batch 5 deliveries were available on the Kia dealers delivery portal sometime on the 20th September. Should the dealer not have proactively checked they would not have known. It seems that many Kia sales people can't be bothered to check daily and have to be spurred into action by a phone call.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I understand the Batch 5 deliveries were available on the Kia dealers delivery portal sometime on the 20th September. Should the dealer not have proactively checked they would not have known. It seems that many Kia sales people can't be bothered to check daily and have to be spurred into action by a phone call.
If that's the case then I now know why I hadn't heard anything. They checked when I went in and nothing had been updated. Guess I'm in the next batch now which is really annoying cos it looks like orders are again arriving out of sequence and another month will go by. Think we are probably back to the "colour of choice" issue again as blue and grey ones ordered at or after mine have arrived. Hoping the next batch may be white :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts