Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I took delivery of a pre-reg 2020 Kona 64kWh 2 weeks ago and have already covered over 1200 miles. Most of my charges have been rapid so far and most of the journey's have been at 65-70mph. I do not recall ever hearing the battery cooling work; not even tripping in and out on a rapid from 17% to 85%. On a trip of over 300 miles today, the Battery Care cumulative figure was 0.

Is this normal?

Thanks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Depends on your outside temperature. I live in Vegas and sometimes it doesn't even come on here as long as outside temp is not insane, or the pack temp is cool enough from sitting in the garage etc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends on your outside temperature. I live in Vegas and sometimes it doesn't even come on here as long as outside temp is not insane, or the pack temp is cool enough from sitting in the garage etc.
Thanks. I'm in the UK and the temperature has struggled to get above 18C (64F) today.

·
Registered
367 Posts
In your climate (much like in NZ) your most likely experience of "battery care" will be while DC charging with a starting pack temp under 15°C. It will trigger the battery heater and you will hear the coolant pump running.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts