Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Has it started yet ?
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a phone call from Audi at Milton Keynes UK to book my car in for a battery case inspection. Unhappy they are not able to book me a specific loan car. Told them I need an Auto and will never drive a diesel again EVER !

·
Has it started yet ?
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
New case needed but Battery is fine they say. Just a note - front tyres are wearing unevenly again !! Anyone had this problem ?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had issue with uneven wear on front tyres.
Inside worn compared to outside.
The Anti Collision System was knocked out and Audi suggested Realignment before resetting it. Started working it self but got new tyres and Alignment done at the same time.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
New case needed but Battery is fine they say. Just a note - front tyres are wearing unevenly again !! Anyone had this problem ?
You could consider having a four wheel laser alignment check done ?.
Also, VW recommend that road wheels should undertake a "front to back" rotation every 5,000 miles.
This helps even out any strange wear characteristic's that can be seen by leaving the road wheel in the same location for its entire life.
Rear tyres on a lot of VW's suffer from a "saw tooth" pattern effect on the tread and if left unchecked, this condition is caused by leaving the rear wheels in the same location for a long period of time.
Not only can this been see by the eye, but can be felt by drawing the flat palm of your hand across the tread of the tyre.
The tyre will not feel completely smooth and flat, it will feel "stepped " as you draw your palm towards the back of the tyre.
This condition can cause will a "droning" type noise in the cabin when travelling at speed.
This is a common and well known condition on VW's.
So, I suspect the Audi's must suffer from the same condition.
They are the same car in many ways ( as we know ).
Regular wheel rotation helps prevent this from happening.
I had mine done every 5,000 until all four tyres where replaced a 22,000 miles.
Just something to consider when you have new tyres fitted in the future ?.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts