Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Weather forecast for tonight is snow. Is it worth fully charging my batteries tonight to make sure they are at their heaviest? I believe weight is good for snow

·
Registered
2019 Kona 65Kw 2017 Outlander phev gx4hs
539 Posts
Yes but make sure you use heavy electrons as they help traction, dont skimp on cost expensive ones are better than any cheap ones

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are the cheap ones on economy 7? I've asked the electric supply company if they can provide 99ron electons

·
Registered
539 Posts
In ireland we have night rate but they are definitely lighter, I would suggest that you fill the the door pockets with D cells too

·
Registered
468 Posts
Think you may need a good set of scales...total mass increase when fully charged will be if the order of a microgramme...

·
Registered
539 Posts
Dont read these posts or put your heater on either as hot air rises and judging by this thread content your car could take off

Reactions: cdlb

·
Registered
539 Posts
I'm disappointed. From the thread title I thought someone had found a way to charge batteries with snow. A bit like in a documentary I saw where Doc shows Marty it can be done with rubbish.
I've looked and still cant find a Mr Fusion sodastream

·
Registered
137 Posts
Make sure you get fresh, cold, winter air in your tyres.... Very informative video here

1 - 11 of 11 Posts