Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone reported any battery degradation on their Kona as yet?
Does the battery still appear to be operating at your expected level?

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I think @stageshoot is the only person to have hammered his enough to answer that question with any authority (probably over 50,000 miles now).
I expect he'll be along shortly ...

·
Registered
115 Posts
1 year and 20k miles in everything appears fine, kind of tempted to get an odb thing to see what it says

·
Registered
139 Posts
I tried OBD and it simply reports 100% (13K miles). It looks like it never shows anything different unless there is a serious degradation. Some people tried that with brand new car (still showing 100% contrary to some Leafs that reported initially eg. 103%) and maybe @stageshoot could check that after 50k miles?

The only way to measure the degradation is to drive it from 100% to very low SOC (or thereabouts) and simply calculate available KWhs (consumption per km * kms driven / energy used). I hope i got that right :)

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
The OBD still shows 100% at 54k miles now

as been said it seems on the Hyundai’s it’s more a Good/bad trigger rather than a proper level which is a pity

but being honest the car does not seem to have lost range and it’s difficult to measure the amount of power you put in as you need to take into account charging losses etc

But in a way not having a percentage gauge has stopped me obsessing about SOH. in reality if it was to even lose 30% over 5 years or 150k miles (which I think is unlikely ) it would still have a 200 mile usable range the same as most of the new offerings being pushed now

·
Registered
34 Posts
Has anyone reported any battery degradation on their Kona as yet?
Does the battery still appear to be operating at your expected level?
I'm at 15100 miles after 5 months of ownership and have not noticed any decrease in range.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts