Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wonder what the tariffs will be come January. Given how much price pressure there is on batteries it makes me wonder if they are counting on something else to make up for it, like getting some subsidies or lower labour costs.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Don't start the Brexit thing up again - we've already left the EU, so no going back. Even Tesla are/were considering bringing their battery gigafactory to England, or at least they were last time I heard from Elon

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I don't understand when it started being called Bro Tathan, it's widely called St Athan throughout South Wales.

It's an interesting multiuse site, with Aston Martin there building an SUV and hopefully establishing an electric vehicle Centre. Meanwhile, aircraft maintenance and the Special Forces Support Group. Local pubs should be interesting on a Friday.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Nice to see Wales getting something !.
All the other big protects have been given the boot it appears.
Swansea bay / new power plant etc etc.
Good luck I say.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Still a little too far South for my tastes! :p
You are totally correct of course.
But living close to the English border, I think North Wales is completely forgotten about by Welsh government.
All the Welsh government money is spent around Swansea and all the surrounding locations.
We are “Border Dwellers” and therefore largely ignored.
Or that’s how it feels to me anyway ?.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
The town (in English), yes. But Bro Tathan is what the business park there is called. Seeing as the Welsh Government founded it, they decided to give it a Welsh name.
Is Aston Martin on a different part of the site? Because WG refers to AML site as St Athan.

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Are you trying to compete with Donald again? I was only quoting the official name of the business park, according to the Welsh Government. I don't really care what companies decide to call it in press releases for public consumption.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Are you trying to compete with Donald again? I was only quoting the official name of the business park, according to the Welsh Government. I don't really care what companies decide to call it in press releases for public consumption.
Go back to my first post. Answer that question if it bothers you. But clearly WG haven't always called it Bro Tathan as my WG press release on AML shows.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
1,841 Posts
You are totally correct of course.
But living close to the English border, I think North Wales is completely forgotten about by Welsh government.
All the Welsh government money is spent around Swansea and all the surrounding locations.
We are “Border Dwellers” and therefore largely ignored.
Or that’s how it feels to me anyway ?.
Precisely!

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
They can call it what and where the hell they like ( and they will ) for all I care to be honest.
Bringing in a HV battery plant ANYWHERE into Wales has to seen as good thing for the Welsh economy ( even it is South Wales - AGAIN ! ).
God knows, we have lost enough car related factory’s just lately !.
The Ford engine and gearbox manufacturing facilities just to name two from the very LONG list.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts