Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my Mitsubishi Outlander shows on its dashboard an exclamation mark, and says battery is in charging mode, but actually it was disconnected from charger. Could this be a software problem, as I've heard? Did you guys experience this?

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Perhaps try plugging in again but if that doesnt clear it sounds like a visit to your local dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Perhaps try plugging in again but if that doesnt clear it sounds like a visit to your local dealer.
Thank you Neal! I did several times what you say!
I've asked the dealer as well, and do you know what they told me to do? To run on highway once a week to burn off the petrol in the tank otherwise petrol will be too old. After doing this thing, the yellow warning sign on bord will disappear!!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Yes, you must burn off a certain minimum amount of fuel as petrol degrades over time. To be strictly correct you have to add a minimum amount of fresh fuel, but to do this you have to burn some off. The amount and time varies by region, but it's either 10 liters in 3 months or 15 liters in 6 months from what I have seen.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you guys, probably it was less than 10-12 liters in 3 months! I didn't know about that... All the best!

·
JimB
1 Posts
That dashboard message is nothing to do with external charging but as has already been said indicates that the car is in charge mode (same as if you had pressed the charge button on the central console) and that forces the petrol engine to run to consume some fuel so that you can replace that with at least 15 litres of fresh stuff.

The car software is designed to do that if fresh fuel hasn't been added to the tank for a given period (it's in the manual).

It's designed to avoid damage to the engine caused by it burning stale fuel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts