Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
It's a good link. A couple of months ago I spent some time trying to learn about Li-ion batteries, mainly to understand if there were any guidlines about charging methods that could be used to prolong the longterm life of the battery. I contacted David Peilow and in amongst his advice he sent me a link to a good article on that site.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
I have added that link to the battery section of the EV Wiki. Thanks.

Talking of the Wiki... there has not been a single contributor other than myself and Sally. It looks like I might be wasting my time... again :rolleyes:

As for Mr Peilow... I am afraid I rather felt the the flak was self-inflicted in many ways. I hope he returns but he hasn't been seen on other forums either, not that I have noticed anyway.

·
Registered
Peugeot iON 2013, Renault Zoe 50 2020
464 Posts
Talking of the Wiki... there has not been a single contributor other than myself and Sally. It looks like I might be wasting my time... again :rolleyes:
Just because no-one else is contributing doesn't mean no-one else is looking - please keep it up :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Talking of the Wiki... there has not been a single contributor other than myself and Sally. It looks like I might be wasting my time... again :rolleyes:.
Paul
I'm sure many of us appreciate your efforts, but don't feel sufficiently knowledgeable or competent to contribute.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
It's a good link. A couple of months ago I spent some time trying to learn about Li-ion batteries, mainly to understand if there were any guidlines about charging methods that could be used to prolong the longterm life of the battery.
I had a recent tour of the Stephenson Institute at Liverpool University, and I chatted at length to Dr Hardwick about the possible EV applications of his team's research. They started on static batteries, but the size and nature of the application means they're also making a direct hit on EV-sized cells. They're concentrating on the Electrode/Electrolyte interface. That's where they believe there are gains to be made, by making sure they are more fully separated again during the charging cycle...

https://www.liv.ac.uk/research/news/articles/4m-to-improve-lifespan-of-batteries/

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Thx guys for the encouragement. Sometimes though it is difficult to keep up the motivation when you are doing something all alone. especially when you are doing it in the expectation/hope that it will become a community effort. When it doesn't it then becomes, or at least seems, a liability and a chore. I realise it shouldn't do that. The idea of the Wiki is no less sound now than when I started it, regardless who contributes :)

I'll keep adding when I have the time and hopefully others who do have the knowledge/experience will correct/update it and add to it occasionally.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts