Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
I contacted my dealer today about the ZE50, they have a battery owned Dynamique i 66 plate with 22000 miles in White due in if you don't want to take the leased battery option
They give you a price Mo?

Think a lot more will be coming to the market in the coming months, so intrigued how they will be priced relative to what I paid back in Feb!

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
They give you a price Mo?

Think a lot more will be coming to the market in the coming months, so intrigued how they will be priced relative to what I paid back in Feb!
Yeah it's £13000, before haggling ;)

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Yeah Wendy the saleswoman is very Zoe savvy, she mentioned herself its a rare opportunity for someone to get a battery owned Zoe.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Yeah Wendy the saleswoman is very Zoe savvy, she mentioned herself its a rare opportunity for someone to get a battery owned Zoe.
Oh sorry is this 22kWh or 41kWh?

I know a couple of i model 22kWh are going for £12k and £13k from Renault dealers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There is still a lot of degradation anxiety.
Yup, that's me to a tee. For me, leasing 4 years with battery rental is a no brainer. I simply do not trust this new technology, and I want 100% of the risk on Renault. Your experiences make me happy that the batteries last so much better than I expected, but it's not enough: anxiety kills logic.

Hopefully after my 4 wonderful years as a Zoe owner, I will be ready to start thinking about EV ownership risk rationally. ☺

·
Registered
847 Posts
Realistically, as in, what really happened and was decribed in that thread, the battery charging is being disabled. While disabling the TCU is no crime and will give some leeway, not paying the rent is theft. Trusting on administrative incompetence is treading on thin ice, QED. Now nicked and exported cars, that is probably another story.
At the moment, yep. Not paying the lease is defaulting on a credit agreement, which nobody would want to do anyway.

I'm talking about the FAR future, where Zoes are sub-1k on Ebay. By that time, Renault will have recovered the cost of the battery through years of lease. It would be interesting to see them cry "theft" when they'd be unable to demonstrate a loss.

And like I say, they'll most likely have no idea where any of the batteries are by then anyway (staff make errors, servers crash and take the DB with them, backups do get corrupted etc) so there probably won't be a credit agreement to default on!

Eventually. Nobody can say with a straight face that in 20-30 years, new Zoe owners will still be signing battery leases for 2015 22kwh cars. They'll be buying cars without TCUs from dodgy Joe under the arches.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Oh sorry is this 22kWh or 41kWh?

I know a couple of i model 22kWh are going for £12k and £13k from Renault dealers.
BT email is down, I'll ask when its sorted. never even thought of that 🤦‍♂️

·
Zoe Devotee
7,538 Posts
Is that Mackies Brechin? They offered me £4k for my Q210. Slap in the puss that one!

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Is that Mackies Brechin? They offered me £4k for my Q210. Slap in the puss that one!
Yeah it is Mackie's, was that trading for a MG or just selling?

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
BT email is down, I'll ask when its sorted. never even thought of that 🤦‍♂️
Got an out of office today reply, will respond tomorrow I expect.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Ha, no worries! I made the same assumption when you said 66-plate!

If it is 41kWh just keep quiet and buy it...!

Nah, I've got a yearning for that bigger pack now ;)

·
Registered
2,081 Posts

Its a 22kWh

·
Zoe Devotee
7,538 Posts
Yeah it is Mackie's, was that trading for a MG or just selling?

Sell with a view to get an EST Scotland loan to buy the MG. But £4k.... nah! Private sale it is, hopefully. If I don't sell soon I'll have to cancel my MG reservation.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Sell with a view to get an EST Scotland loan to buy the MG. But £4k.... nah! Private sale it is, hopefully. If I don't sell soon I'll have to cancel my MG reservation.
Are you aware Mackie's have opened an MG franchise across the road from the Renault/Dacia showroom, not sure where the nearest local to you is.

·
Zoe Devotee
7,538 Posts
Are you aware Mackie's have opened an MG franchise across the road from the Renault/Dacia showroom, not sure where the nearest local to you is.
I was aware, I emailed them months ago because of this, they didn't seem too bothered. Surprised me really. Although they are still my backup for selling Zoe, seeing as battery hire does appear harder to sell privately than many claim.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts
About this Discussion
68 Replies
21 Participants
proddick
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing